Tuesday 29 August 2017

MAC Makeup Trip

Earlier in the Summer, one of best friends got married and as it was going to be a beautiful day, my friend and I decided we would go and get our makeup professionally done at MAC to spoil ourselves and take the stress out of getting ready that day.

I went to MAC in Fenwick Tunbridge Wells, and had my makeup done by Rhiannon and I was really impressed with what she did for me.

As my dress was a dusty pink colour, I wanted bronze-y makeup with a nude lip and I think she nailed it!



 



The great thing about MAC, is that you can have your makeup done and the payment is redeemable against products after your makeover.

The products I decided to invest in after were the foundation used on me that day, as well as the lipstick and then as I had lashes applied I had to buy those too. I kind of wish I went with the highlight she used on me as well because it was beautiful! I was also lucky enough to have been there at a good time as they were giving away a free lipstick with any makeup appointments so I nabbed one of those too!



 I got the 34 Lashes, £11.50 which are graduated in length to give a longer lash at the outer eye which worked well with my winged eyeliner. As a non false lash wearer, these felt really dramatic at first but by the end of the day I loved them and they were so comfortable. I was so sad when I had to take them off.



I also decided to purchase the foundation Rhiannon used on me, as I have been looking for quite a full coverage foundation for those awful skin days I get! I liked this one as it had a satin finish and also had an SPF 15 which I like in a foundation. It was just as well I had an SPF on the day of the wedding as it got really sunny and I burnt my chest in the ceremony! Face was all good though.
I have the shade NC20 in the Studio Sculpt Foundation, £27.00



I also purchased the lipstick I wore on the day of the wedding which was Velvet Teddy, £16.50. I have gushed about this lipstick enough on my my top five nude lipsticks post which you can read here, but as the title of the post suggests, I am a big fan of this colour!




Finally, was the free lipstick I received which is this beautiful colour called Eros from the liptensity range. It is a fantastic fuchsia and is really long wearing and comfortable wear so I was really happy with this added bonus.

What are your favourite MAC essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment