Sunday 22 May 2016

Instagram Update

 Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I have done a ManiMonday but here we are.


If you couldn't tell already, this manicure is inspired by the new Instagram update that happened last week.


It has been a little controversial, some people comparing it to Windows Power Point programme where you could ombre the backgrounds, however after a few days of getting used to it, I think I like it.

I did this as a manicure as I thought the colours were perfect for getting us into the mood for the summer evening we have been starting to get.





For this manicure, I had to give it a few tries before I got it right. In the end, the winning solution was to start with a white base, then using the right angle of a sponge, painting on a half rainbow of colours and then sponging like that.

The colours I used were:
Lemon - Barry M
Speed Dial - Ciate
Scorchin' Hot - Seche
Purple Burst - Jessica (Neon collection)


Although the actual logo has hints of pink and blue, I found my purple was quite pinky, and the blue just darkened the whole look and didn't make it look as nice.

What do you think of the new Instagram? and on that note... don't forget to follow me at whatalooker

No comments:

Post a Comment