Wednesday 25 May 2016

Ariana Grande Look and Lipstick Review



Hello everyone!
If you follow me on instagram then you will have seen I purchased the new Ariana Grande lipstick from the Viva Glam collection due to the release of her latest album 'Dangerous Woman'.







As you can see, the lipstick is very dark which is meant to be the 'Dangerous Woman' side of a girl. There is also a matching lip gloss for the duo but it was unfortunately out of stock. The lip gloss is in the MAC lip glass formula and is a very pale pink with tiny glitter bits in it which is meant to be the innocent side in a girl.

The lipstick has a matte finish which can be a bit drying. The formula of this one is not as chalky as some of the other MAC lipsticks however I would highly recommend moistursing your lips prior as flaky bits of skin on the lips really show up on dark colours like this. It does tend to crease a little in the corners of the mouth but overall I love the colour. It is a very bold dark purple, and I love it! It is probably as close to black as I would go for a lip colour without actually going for black.

I decided to do a whole makeup look to go with this dark and sultry lip, so started by doing a smokey eye using tape at the side of the eyes to create this dramatic edge without using liner. I loved the sharpness of this look, and I used concealer to really neaten up the edges.



Next I had to add the signature Ariana pony/ half up do style.




I scooped up the whole of my hair as if to do a pony tail but then left the back loose and down. This style adds length to the hair as it cleverly looks as if your hair is tied up but actually has the length of your loose hair. I added a chunky side fringe which she sometimes sports. I finally smoothed some oil through my hair to make it look sleek, smooth and shiny like Ariana's

And this is the final look. Although I felt the look was quite dramatic, I got used the dramatic look throughout the day. I would probably only do the whole ensemble for an evening event due to the darkness of the whole look.

No comments:

Post a Comment