Thursday 2 July 2015

Ren Hot Cloth Cleanser

The Ren Hot Cloth Cleanser has been out for a while now, however it is still one of the newest cleansers to be launched (I think?!) from Ren. This comes from their Rosa Centifolia range, so contains hydrating rose. It also comes with a soft cloth, which is really gentle on the skin unlike muslin, which a lot of hot cloth cleansers are paired with.

The cleanser itself is really creamy, and removes all traces of makeup including mascara. The smell is a light powdery rose scent, that is really pleasant. This has lasted me ages, and I would certainly buy it again, due to it being priced at only £16.00. It was a really nice luxury product to remove my makeup with at the end of each day. What I liked about it was that I could use it with the cloth in the evening as more of a treatment, but also use the product on it's own in the morning for a gentle cleanse. I find some cleansers can be quite thick, and need the cloth to remove residual product, whereas this one left my skin feeling clean and moisturised, without needing to go through the process of using the cloth.


 The best known hot cloth cleanser on the market, is definetly Liz Earle's. If were going to be brutal and get straight to the point, then we want to know which is the best.


Well first of, Liz Earle's hot cloth cleanser is £26.00 for a 200ml bottle, so Ren's is better value for money.
 The Liz Earle one has the distinctive eucalyptus scent, which is a love or hate kind of smell. I personally find the smell a little overpowering, so I would choose the Ren cleanser again. I also found the Eucalyptus made the product slightly stingy on the eyes when I have used the Liz Earle cleanser a few times.

 I also prefer the softer flannel material in the Ren cleanser than the muslin Liz Earle provide.

I sound like I have really bashed the Liz Earle cleanser which I don't want to do at all. When I used it, I did really like it, and found my skin really cleared up and felt soft after the buffing process. I have done a couple of reviews on the cleanser before which I urge you to read if you are thinking about purchasing it.

The Liz Earle cleanser was the first hot cloth cleasner I had tried, and looking back, I was maybe a little blinded by the hype perhaps! Having tried the Ren cleasner afterwards, I have found this is much better suited to my skin type. Eucalyptus is an anti bacterial ingredient, so really good for clarifying skin, so I think the Liz Earle is great for someone with a slightly more oily complexion. Ren's cleanser has been designed to be softer on more sensitive skins such as my own, as rose is a hydrating, healing ingredient.

The only thing I will go back on in my previous post, is about muslin being gentle! I can't stand using muslin on my face anymore, as I find it scratchy and far to abrasive to be used everyday. If, like me, you have more sensitive skin, I'd say try either cleanser, but with a softer flannel. I'd recommend either the one in this post, or the Emma Hardie micro fibre cloths.

Muslin is the devil for sensitive skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment