Monday 19 January 2015

Yin and Yang Nails




Hi everyone! Today is the first manicure of 2015, and I have been inspired by a T shirt I got from Topshop before New Years. The Yin and Yang symbols are globally known, and represent the light and shade, and when together are a balance. I just bought the T shirt cos I liked it.


I took a screen shot these nails by 'celinedoesnails' absolutely ages ago because I liked them, and this reminded me that I had wanted to try them.


I decided to do a gradient as my base, so chose these colours, as I wanted purple-y tones. I chose 'Bright Purple' by Barry M, and 'Skinny Jeans' by Ciate, and sponged the two colours together on top of a white base coat to intensify the colours.



I then used nail art pens to draw on the Yin an Yang symbols. I started with a white circle as it is easier to get a stronger colour on white, and then added the black side on top, and finally the opposing dots.



Hope you enjoy, and keep your eyes out for new posts this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment