Thursday 10 July 2014

Palm Tree Sunset Nails


Hello everyone! today I am posting about some nail art that I am actually pretty proud of. It's been a while since I've looked at some nail art I've done and thought 'that looks pretty good'. Maybe I've been going for more ambitious designs such as my Glasto tie dye nails. 

Anyway! these are actually pretty simple to do, all you need are the items below plus a white base colour and a sponge.


You will probably be surprised to hear that this is actually the first bottle of acetone I have ever bought, which is pretty shocking as a nail art lover. I think as it is very strong I've always been a little bit scared of using it as it is designed to completely remove false and gel nails, but it is fantastic to clean up around the edges of nails which is essential after any gradient manicure (If you look back at any gradient I've blogged about before my clean up is always very minimal).


The two colours I chose for my gradient were 'Strawberry' and 'Peach Melba' by Barry M. They are very thin pastel colours and actually quite difficult to gradient with. I ended up just painting the two colours on the nail and then dabbing  in between to merge them which is a bit of a cheat way to gradient, and is probably why I didn't get a perfect fade from one colour to the other. The formula of the polishes were just too thin though. Using a thicker polish is easier as the sponge picks it up better.



As my gradient wasn't as flawless as I wanted, I decided to add some silhouette palm trees to give it a sunset summer vibe. I just used the striper brush side to my Model's own nail art pen, and added some thinner swipes along the leaves to give it a more realistic plant effect. I'm not going away on holiday this year so these nails will have to be my retreat! Hope you like them!





No comments:

Post a Comment