Tuesday 8 April 2014

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser


This product review has no need for any introduction, as Liz Earle is probably best well known for its cult product, the hot cloth cleanser. It is so huge in the beauty world, and it sells so quickly in the place where I work, and I can guarantee you will know somebody who has used it. I was very kindly given a sample of the product so have finally taken to plunge to see what all the fuss is about.

Contrary to what I first thought, the actual cleanser itself, does not contain any exfoliant in it at all. The 'polish' component of the product, is the muslin cloth that comes with it. The cream cleanser contains rosemary, chamomile, cocoa butters and eucalyptus essential oil, which really gives the product it's strong plant-y scent. The ingrediants are all very calming and hydrating.

The product is applied to dry skin, and can be used to remove makeup, including eye makeup. The hot cloth is then rinsed out and applied to the face. By placing the hot cloth on the face, the pores open and the product really goes into the skin, helping cleanse and calm. You then buff off the product with the cloth which creates the polishing effect. The cloth is so gentle and muslin is commonly used on babies skin so it can be used daily and won't cause damage to the skin. 

I found my skin felt really soft after using this. The dryness around my nose I suffer with was noticeably improved. I became slightly spotty to start but I think it was due to the hot cloth bringing all the impurities to the surface after deeply cleaning. It is also common to see breakouts when you change your skin care as it's your skin just getting used to it!

Overall, I can really see what the hype is about. Liz Earle is a natural brand but some products DO contain parabens, but the hot cloth cleanser is not one of them. I have a lot of friends who swear by the hot cloth cleanser, and I think it has improved my skin too. The process of wetting and drying and using a cloth in the routine can be off putting for people who just like to quickly wash their face, but the extra care is a pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment