Sunday 16 February 2014

My First Birchbox Review - January


This year I decided to kick start the new year by treating myself to not only a Glossy Box subscription, but join the Birchbox craze too. As my Glossy Box reviews are usually months late it got me thinking, that maybe the reason for the lateness is that I don't really like the products in Glossy Boxes. I will probably keep both subscriptions for a while then decide to drop one. The first Birchbox for January certainly made a good impression. I think Birchbox deals with more high end products, whereas Glossy Box showcases more up and coming brands. So lets get started and look at each product individually.


Laura Mercier Body Cream


Laura Mercier was one of the products I knew Birchbox, did so when I opened it and saw one was in there I was very pleased. Laura Mercier is a luxurious counter I have admired from afar at work. Their makeup is really good quality and their body creams smell so delicious and can be smelt across the whole shop. My sister got the creme brulee scent for Christmas and I received the Vanilla scent. I think I prefer the creme brulee but this is still delectable. The cream is highly nourishing and dries quickly so you can get dressed again. The smell is really nice and lasts for ages on the skin, like a perfume. This little sample size will last for ages as well as I've hardly dented it!


Philip Kingsley Elasticizer



I have used Elasticizer and reviewed it before here. This pre shampoo treatment is to be left on for 10 - 20 mins to make hair feel revived and less frazzled. It's great for heat damaged or bleached hair.

Del A Rom Face Mask


I had never heard of french brand 'Del a Rom' until now. Having a 10 minute face mask tied in really well with the Elasticizer product meaning you could have a good pamper session! This hydrating mask is a cream consistency, and at first I thought I may have mistaken it for a moisturiser. As the instructions where in French I had to find the product online to realise that it is actually a thick mask, with pomegranate extract which smelt amazing. After 10 minutes, the mask was completely absorbed in the driest areas of my face, and my skin felt so smooth and healthy afterwards. I really liked this product.

Anatomy Nutrients


Having the Laura Mercier cream and this body oil was quite nice as some people prefer different textures. I personally prefer an oil on my legs, and to have a cream in the upper part of my body. I find oil absorbs better into my legs, and allows you to put even jeans on shortly after, and makes your legs feel amazing after shaving. This oil was quite thick but still easily absorbed. I applied this in the morning and my legs were still highly moisturised by the end of the day. This oil had quite an earthy smell to it which I liked. The yummy Laura Mercier smell would be wasted on my legs as I can't smell that far down!

Birchbox Eye Mask



This little Birchbox own product is a cooling eye mask. It's great for cooling eyes and reducing puffiness due to tiredness. This is even better once it has been left in the fridge, for a cool cucumber effect, but without the mess.

Benefit Pore-fessional


The Benefit Pore-fessional is THE product of this box. Birchbox release a spoiler into what the hero product of the box is going to be, and this was the one they were shouting about. Pore-fessional is a pore minimizing primer and can also be used on top of makeup to keep it in place. My past experience of primers has always been a clear gel liquid, but the Pore-fessional had a tan colour to it, meaning it covered up blemishes as well as pores. I don't have too bigger pores but liked the texture of the product on my face. I also used it on top of my makeup and found my makeup stayed put all day quite flawlessly. As large pores aren't my main skin concern I probably wouldn't buy the product, but I very much enjoyed my sample of it.













No comments:

Post a Comment