Sunday 12 January 2014

Day 11: Pastel Blue


I am only a day late with this post so I'm getting back into the swing of things! This prompt for the nail art challenge was pastel blue. I used my Mac nail varnish which is called 'Hyperion' and is actually a cream! I think it has a very light blue colour though.


I did not use ANY water for this 'marbel effect' manicure. I have tried using the water technique and it is one that needs to be practiced a lot. I saw this technique, again, in my Wah Nails book. First, I used a coat of Barry M 'Matte White'. When this was dry, I then blobbed big dollops of the blue and white, and merged them together using a cocktail stick. Its quite thick and tacky so needs to be left for a while to dry, but can then be finished of with a top coat. The finished effect looks exactly the same, but is easier, less time consuming, and not as messy.


I love the effect of this manicure and will be experimenting with other colour combinations in the future. I think this blue/grey effect looks like smoke and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment