Saturday 28 December 2013

Konjac Sponge

The Konjac Sponges are the strangest, most intriguing face care accessories I have seen for a while. These completely natural, man made sponges are infused with different ingredients for certain skins, and are completely biodegradable so great for the environment. These sponges are so natural you could eat them as they are from the potato family!

With brands such as Liz Earle and Eve Lom, encouraging the use of a muslin cloth whilst cleansing, the Konjac Sponge is its own accessory, and can be used with cleanser or without.


These little sponges encourage gentle exfoliation so can be used daily, and the natural clays infused into the sponges can help every skin type. I have had two sponges from the company. The 'All skin Types' (pictured above) and the 'Dry and Sensitive' (pictured below)


The red clay sponge has Iron Oxide and helps the skin to regenerate and repair damaged skin. It is hydrating and helps reduce blemishes from damaged capillaries. The texture of the sponge is quite slimey at first, but do not let it put you off! The sponges last for about 3 months or longer depending on how well you look after it. 

I am currently using the 'All Skin Types' sponge and I can't imagine cleansing without one now! The shape of the sponge allows you to use different parts of the sponge to make sure you get the best cleanse possible. 
My skin type has dramatically changed recently and I have become more oily skinned, so when I replace my sponge I think I will try the Green clay sponge, which is for more normal to oily skin, and is the brands best seller. It removes oil and bacteria and deeply cleanses.

For only £7.00, I think these sponges are a great investment into improving your cleansing just that little bit more, and the brands newest additions are sponges for the body, which are larger and have a waved look to them.

For more information on these sponges, and to see what other types of sponges they do, click the link below

1 comment: