Tuesday 19 November 2013

September Glossy Box

This if my first GlossyBox  review in a very long time, and to be honest the reason is because I kind of couldn't be bothered anymore. The products I was getting were not really really good, or really really bad, and I felt there was nothing to really say about them of any interest, which is boring for me to write, and even more boring for you to read. You may notice I have skipped a box because the August box was just too drab. Now I have had a break, I am excited about GlossyBox again, and will backdate some boxes that I didn't review. So take a short jump back to September with me, and I will show you what I thought of my 'British Box'.




Eylure  Pre-Glued Lashes

To be completely honest, these eye lashes are the reason it has taken me so long to review this box. I do not do fake eyelashes, and I was trying to find a day where I could put them on to test them for a day, but also avoid going out. It's not that I dislike the look of them, when done well they can look really natural and pretty. I don't like the feel of them, the idea of them or the hassle they cause. I also have a huge fear of being that girl on a night out with a eyelash half way up her face. Anyway, now we have discovered why I hate them, lets find out why I actually didn't mind these!

Before

After

Before

After
These lashes were pre-glued which meant I didn't have to worry about the hassle of getting them on. They don't look to fake, they just add a small amount of length to my real lashes and they add a bit of 'oomph' to the volume making them look thicker. I still don't like the feel of them, and I am absolutely terrible at applying these things, so I carefully selected photos where you can't see the huge gap between my lash line and the eye lashes. Would I wear them again? If they looked this natural and someone else applied them for me I would consider wearing them for an occasion.

Elizabeth Arden 'Untold' Fragrance


Now I have tried reviewing perfume before, and it is safe to say that I am absolutely rubbish at describing a smell, but here goes. It is quite a sweet and floral scent but with a bit of spice too. It reminds me of autumn and feeling cosy at home. The size was really lovely and the box was cute too.

Toni&Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum


Any hair product with the word 'shine' or 'gloss' instantly puts me off because all I can think is, 'how greasy is that going to make my hair look?' Unfortunately this applied to this serum too. I found it a bit to thick and slimy. As my hair is very thick anyway, I found it really dragged it down and made my hair feel very heavy and full of gunk. I used to use the John Freida 'Frizz-Ease' serum (which features in this post, here)which I really liked, so it isn't serums in general that I dislike, just ones that say they will add shine.

Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm


I was a little taken aback when I saw this product. A nipple balm was a little random I felt, but once I read it was a kind of 'everything' balm, I calmed down. I didn't really fancy describing how a cream felt on my nipples to you guys (I'm bad enough at explaining the smell of a perfume), and I doubt you would have liked reading it either. This is a really nice lip balm, especially good for this cold harsh weather we are getting at the moment, and it sinks in quite nicely as a cuticle butter too!

Bombshell Eyeliner


I had never heard of these 'felt tip pen' eye liners until very recently. The idea was quite strange to me at first, but now I have used one, I am quite fond of it. These pens are perfect for achieving the feline flick at the outer corners of your eyes. The precision of the pen makes it really easy, and if you make a mistake you can easily wipe it off again. My only problem with these is that they are not very dark. They are quite faint so I have been using mine as a guideline, and then going over it in something heavier to get the definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment