Monday 28 October 2013

Recent Shopping Haul

I haven't done a post on any products recently so thought I would show you some of the things I have been buying recently.


This colour is from the Jessica limited edition collection and is a very lary green which I love! I thought it would be perfect for Halloween so bought it the other day. The Jessica polishes are £9.75 but I think I will get a lot of use out of this colour! 
For my post on the whole summer collection I did a while ago, click here




This lip balm is a wonderous little product from Dior. 'Lip Glow' cleverly adapts itself to your lips, to make them look a more natural brighter redder colour, to a shade that would suit your skin. It does add a lovely colour and a slight gloss but doesn't have any of the stickiness of a gloss. It is also highly moisturising! It is around £22.00.




I have had my eye on the Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Mascara for a very long time. I haven't heard the best stories about this mascara, such as its lasting power and that it dries up quite quickly, but I was desperate to try it. The reason? Because my favourite model of the moment Cara Delivigne is the face of this mascara. I wish this was not the reason I spent £24.00 on a mascara that I've been told not to buy, but it really is. I will do a follow up post to let you know how it goes!

What a babe. Picture from www.fashiongonerogue.com



 I recently stocked up on my must have moisturiser for the winter. I have written about this moisturiser before (here), but I really must stress just how amazing it is! Once again at this time of year, the dreaded dry skin around my nose has returned. This is the ONLY moistursier that can reduce the redness and stop it being painful. I absolutely swear by this product and recommend it to anyone who has and skin problems or complaints. At £7.00 this is such a bargain and my life saver product.



This cuticle butter from Burt's Bees is really zesty smelling and lovely. It soaks into the skin quite quickly and isn't as messy as a cuticle oil. The bees wax helps to soften the cuticles and it has an fresh lemon scent. It's a great product to keep in your handbag as it comes in a handy tin. Considering I work for a nail brand, I would recommend this cuticle butter to everyone!


Eve Lom is famous for it's cleanser, and I understand why. This cleanser is the definition of luxury. At £55.00 for 100ml or £85.00 for 200ml, I haven't actually bought one, but got this brilliant sample. It's a very generous sample that comes with a sachet of about 3 uses of the cleanser and a muslin cloth. The cleanser turns into a oil when it reaches skin temperature and its melts away all the dirt and makeup you have on your face. The muslin cloth allows you to pat the cleanser into the skin and penetrate into the deeper layers of skin. Vogue has described it as the best cleanser in the world, and do you know what? I think I agree.


No comments:

Post a Comment