Wednesday 23 October 2013

Halloween Nails 2

I thought I would try somthing really fun for these nails. When I reviewed the Ciate Emerald Collection, I said that with the crushed velvet, I would try a fluff effect. This sparked the idea of doing monster nails for Halloween. As I was doing real 3D fur, I thought I should add to the madness of these nails and add some 3D eyes aswell.



The base coat was 'Speed Dial' by Ciate again
The green dots were done with 'Ditch the Heels' by Ciate
The claws were done with 'Lychee' from the Barry M Gelly collection.
All detailing was done with black and white nail art pens.
For the 'fur' effect I painted on a clear coat and sprinkled over the velvet and cleaned up with the brush.
The eyes were applied onto the wet clear coat too, and I bought these from Hobbycraft for £1.00 for a pack of 100.






The googly eyes didn't stay on too long but they are good fun so I'll forgive them! Let me know what you think of these nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment