Tuesday 8 October 2013

Cupcake Nails

I am totally in love with the British TV series 'The Great British Bake Off'. I love tuning in every Tuesday to see what yummy treats the contestants will come up with, and this week I decided to do some creative cupcakes too... on my nails.



I'm so upset that when applying my topcoat, I smudged the 'B' standing for 'Great British Bake Off'. I tried to amend it by adding a rolling pin to make it look like it had been flattened but it just didn't look good! Anyway, much like nail art, baking can be tricky and unpredictable too, so I think it adds a little something to it!



I used 'Barry M' 'Strawberry' as a base coat, and the sprinkles were done with my 'Barry M' confetti effects in 'Marshmallow' (it is a complete coincidence that these polishes are named after potential cup cake components)

The cupcake cases were done with pastel purple and green nail art pens by Models Own.
.
I used a dotting tool to create the cherry on top, with 'Barry M' 'Bright Red'.
All detailing and highlighting was done with white and black nail art pens by Models Own.


 Tune in every Tuesday on BBC2 to watch the bake off!

No comments:

Post a Comment