Thursday 21 March 2013

My Hair Care Routine

Today I am going to talk you through my daily hair routine, and the products that I use. I have really thick, frizzy hair, so this post might not relate to everyone, but it is always fun to have a nose into someone else's beauty regime!

So to start, I wash and condition my hair with TRESemme. I tend to alternate between moisturising and colour protecting, but to be completely honest, I just use what's there because my Mum buys it! I found TRESemme was huge when it first came out, but the hype has maybe died down a little bit now. I have to say that TRESemme is one of the only conditioners that I can really feel conditioning my hair whilst its on, and I find a little goes a long way.


Once I have towel dried my hair, I brush it using my Tangle Teezer, as this is the ONLY hairbrush you can use on WET hair! Due to its fine teeth, it won't pull out hairs which is more liable with wet hair. I then spritz some Frizz Ease Heat defence spray and then blow dry. My hair naturally has a bit of a wave to it, so sometimes when I want to excentuate the curls more, I use Frizz Ease Dream Curls Styling Spray. Once applied I scrunch my hair whilst drying it.



I usually wash my hair in the evening because my hair takes so long to dry, it needs a whole night! Once dry though, I use Frizz Ease serum, to literally, ease the frizz. I really like this product and will always have it as it really does work, and within seconds of applying it, my hair is frizz free! I do not apply the serum to wet hair, as I was once told by a hairdresser that the serum penetrates dry hair a lot better!

A very recent addition to my hair care routine is the Caudalie Divine Oil which I blogged about a few days ago here. It hydrates the ends of my hair, and smells really nice and lasts for a long time.




When I want straight hair, I use my GHDs, and straighten in sections. I'm more of a 'rough and ready' girl when it comes to actually STYLING my hair, and I don't tend to put a lot of products on it. It's pretty much straight, wavy or tied up with me. On the rare occasion I attempt to try a style in my hair, I fix it with TRESemme hair spray.



* My shampoo and conditioner was bought by my mum, and the Frizz ease collection I have was bought buy myself. I won the Caudalie oil for an incentive at work, and my hairspray came in my recent Glossybox which I am subscribed too.

2 comments:

  1. I use the dream curls styling spray and I'm considering the serum but I worry it might be too heavy on my fine hair. Also it's fairly expensive for a small bottle, does it go a long way? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The serum is really good value for money! I have had mine for months and I'm only half way through! I use one pump on my thick hair so maybe try with half a pump? The good thing aout doing it on dry hair is that you can feel when you have enough on. Good luck! let me know what you think if you decide to give it a try! x

      Delete